THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE D*CK PIC & SOME TIPS ON THE NEXT ONE.
Any lady that has given online dating a try, or any form of modern electronic communication for that matter, will tell you one of their main issues is that men of all ages routinely send them unsolicited pictures of their c*ck. They do complain about them, but the reasoning behind it might not be exactly what you think.
Of course, there are a majority of women out there that get these pictures and genuinely didn’t want or need to see it. Those same women tend to explain the reason behind getting said pictures are because “Men are pigs”, others might add “Gross and stupid… do they really think I’m going to magically want to sleep with them after seeing their soft penis?”
The whole issue seems silly for sure, but it does give some insight on the way the internet and technology reveal primitive aspects of sexuality and gender. This definitely appears to be more of a male thing. At least, in terms of sending the pictures unrequested. Both males and females are commonly sending nudes of themselves to people they meet online, but women tend to wait until asked. That distinction may simply be an expression of gender differences in mating and dating techniques. The fact is, women are told that being sexually bold in such a manner is shameful and makes them a slut.
For men, it’s more a mating strategy. It relies on the element of boldness, where the “alpha” men who are bold, brash, and confident sometimes gain that female attention most strive for. The saying “nice guys finish last” has some truth to it. Of course some men the get the thrill out of it… its the factor of an unknown female eyeing your package. That does it for some folks, and they call it “exhibitionism”
Men fear sexual rejection, and by sending pics of their genitalia, they are almost getting “pre-approval.” This way, they get the chance of rejection out of the way early, so they don’t have to worry about being rejected or shamed once they drop their pants on a real date.
But Hey, we know at some point in time, you have sent one… and you might soon enough again, if you’re single and dating. So we asked a few ladies their opinions, and here are 5 suggestions for the next time you think of giving the willy a photoshoot.
5 tips on how to get THE shot.
1. “Don’t do the thing where you press down on your balls to make your dick pop and look bigger. We know it’s not that big. Also, a little mood lighting never hurts (like, bad nighttime lighting where everything looks yellow and you have to use flash…that’s a no-go). But a fresh-out-of-the-shower mirror picture is always a safe bet!Like, when there is still steam everywhere and you have to wipe a little off the mirror to expose the D.” —Sophie, 26
2. “It’s hot when it’s an actual body shot and not some low-quality up-close-and-personal junk shot. I love it when my boyfriend of three years sends me nude pictures in risky places. Like, when he sends me something from work, I’m like, yesssssir.” —Megan, 24
3. “The angle is everything. I don’t want it just from the top to see the head or from the bottom to see the balls. But if it’s from the side and he’s holding it like he’s touching himself, that’s kind of hot because you know he’s thinking of you in that moment.” —Valerie, 24
4. “When guys send a dick pic, I actually really don’t want to see the dick. I’m more interested in seeing his abs—or his dad-bod stomach—and maybe a little of the booty. An angle that I like is a nice high-above pic where the phone is looking directly down on the stomach or abs from above. Please don’t put your face in the photo or include your dirty room in the background. I’d just rather see their bodies. And finally, something else I’d like to emphasize: If you send a photo, I am notobligated to send one back!” —Maddie*, 21
5. “I actually love dick pics that don’t show everything. I’m just way more attracted to a photo of a clothed boner than a naked photo. Like, hard dick laid flat underneath boxer briefs and I’m donezo. Or in gray sweats or athletic shorts. Leaving something to the imagination is hotter than a bare dick to me.” —Dia, 26